Sponsors serve the group by:
• Ensuring the student leaders, known as the 5 Main, and their chapters remain in compliance with district standards and policy at all times. This includes but is not limited to adhering to district policy over accounting, building usage, and parent communication.
• Ensuring the 5 Main and their chapter remain in compliance with the standards
and policies set forth by DOLLS Headquarters. (See also Chapter Constitution
and Officer Constitution)
• Keeping the officer teams accountable to their individual responsibilities associated with each officer position.
• Managing records of membership for each chapter with the help of the chapter Secretary/Treasurer.
• Attending all events considered “official” DOLLS events put on by the chapter. If the 5 Main determine to host an event, and it is announced during All-Member meetings as an official DOLLS event, at least one sponsor is required to be present.
• This is required for the liability protection of DOLLS and for the school districts.
• This does not include if a group of students associated with DOLLS randomly decide to gather on their own fruition.
• Handling all monies and record
keeping associated with the chapter’s financial account, available to them by the school districts as a recognized student activity group.
• Communicating regularly with DOLLS Headquarters in regards to concerns about officers, district conflicts, et cetera.